Tuesday 6 March 2012

Singapore!


Thursday 1st March
My bus leaved at 11.30pm from KL and arrived in Singapore at around 4am, earlier than expected! I thought i would be dropped off at a bus station so i could wait until 6am and get the train to my hostel for the next night but nope! - i was dropped at the side of a road in the pitch black with no idea where i was going. I had a little look for somewhere i could wait around for it to get light but couldnt see anywhere and didnt really feel safe walking around at night in somewhere i didnt know with all my belongings on me! So i got in a taxi and hoped my hostel for the next night would let me keep my stuff there and just sit around in the lounge. 


However when i got there reception was closed so i could not get in to the hostel. I was tempted to sit around on the steps but again did not feel very safe and was so tired from not sleeping all night - i needed to find somewhere to sleep! I had a little walk and found a backpackers form down the road. I wanted to avoid paying to stay somewhere (the whole point of getting the stupid night bus) especially as Singapore is much more expensive to stay in than anywhere else we have been. But i was so tired i did not care and payed for a bed for the night - the top bunk in the smallest room i have seen! It looked so dirty so i just stayed in my clothes and fell asleep on top of the sheets - didnt get much of a sleep though as i swear i could feel things crawling all over me - ergh! 


Thankfully i woke up and to my suprise - no bedbugs! Woohoo! I did not even shower, just grabbed my bag from the floor and got the hell out of there! I got back to the hostel i was staying in for this night and checked in - it was so clean and nice and i was very happy! Emily had already arrived so were reunited! We were staying at 'Five Stones Hostel' in Clarke Quay.


After showering (finally) we went off to explore! We went to chinatown first then it started to pour down with thunderstorms so we hurried back to the hostel to wait it out! Then when it stopped we went to search for the house that Emilys dad used to live in when he was younger and lived in Singapore - it was pretty cool! We had a look round the shops, found a lush placed 'the bread society' and got bought some almond slices to take back with us - our hostel has free tea and coffee so we are making the most out of it! 
We went to see the famous Raffles hotel on our way back too!
When we got back we watched the rest of the new transformers movie - the hostel also has a big tv sofa's and lots and lots of new dvds so it feels very homely! We drank lots of tea too! We could have stayed and chilled at the hostel all evening but forced ourselves to go out for dinner. After walking down by the river, we went back to Chinatown as it was cheaper. Emily got charged for using a tissue, it was funny! Luckily for me i didnt even realise there was one!
Back at our hostel, a guy from Mumbai was watching the new Pirates of the Carribean movie. I started watching it with him but he kept talking to me about the movie and making random comments about Jack Sparrow and the BlackPearl sinking in a previous movie. Frankly i did not care and he was starting to freak me out, its safe to say i didnt finish watching the movie with him that evening! 


Friday 2nd March
This morning i woke up happy after actually sleeping a whole night. Im still knackered though as im a few nights behind sleeping properly. Mum i know your reading this and i dont have a clue how you work night shifts and dont sleep in the day properly! 


I went to make breakfast and there he was, the guy from Mumbai. He accused me of trying to burn his toast, even though it was not his and it wasnt even toasted. It still resembled bread. He said he was in a rush so i gave him the anaemic pieces and made some more for me and Emily. I think he was in a mood that i ditched the movie last night... haha! The funny thing was half an hour later he was still sat drinking tea watching tv...he must have been in such a rush! 


Me and Emily wanted to go to Singapore Zoo so after going on a wild goose chase to find the bus (the hostel gave us wrong directions to the bus stop so we missed it). We found the public buses that went there though and set off to see some animals! Some of them were very cute, but we were abit traumatised at the Elephant show. At first it was cute and they were splashing in the water, then the men started to get them to pull out logs from the water with chains tied around them. They looked so sad and we couldnt stay and watch it so left. I will definitely be writing a formal complaint to that zoo the poor things! After this, nothing really seemed that great so we left and headed back to the city! 

This was our last outing in Singapore as we had a flight to Bali at 8.50pm. We left our hostel around 6 to get the train and got there at 7.30 so we were abit rushed but it was fine! It was finally time to leave and our travelling in Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore had come to an end. I cant believe how fast time is going, it is very scary to think that my flight home is at the end of next month! I want to travel forever! (Dont worry loved ones i dont have enough money to and i miss you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment